Thursday, April 2, 2009

The first project we had assigned in my computer design class was to create a personal logo based on our initials.  My initials are M N M.  I didn't now how to include the N so I simply stuck to M and M.  My creative process was very long and frustrating.  I tried so many different ways to combine the letters.  In the end I decided that I could make the letters look like a regular M and then the shadow of it.  My next step was to choose the font that  I wanted to use.  I first thought about a very curly, girly font.  After trying to create a shadow that coordinated with it, I decided against it.  In the end, I chose a simple font to use.  I didn't want to create anything that will distract from my projects when I actually use it as a signature.  I feel like this one will be noticeable but subtle enough that it won't get in the way of the composition.  The hardest part for me was figuring out how to use photoshop.  I think with a little practice and a lot of trial and error I will master all of the processes....cross your fingers.

1 comment: