Tuesday, April 7, 2009

For my second project I have to create a self portrait.  It cant just be a picture, we have to make it our own by adding certain things that reflect our personality.  I am going to use a simple picture of myself and probably make it black and white or sepia.  I want to add the phrase Mair don Noimead, which means "live in the moment" in Gaelic.  Both of my parents are Irish, so it represents my heritage and where I come from.  I try to live by that phrase, and it has a big impact in my life.  I also want to add a city skyline to the background because I am hoping to move to either Chicago or New York after graduation.  For the texture in the background I am going to scan some lace into the computer to represent my girly side.  I think I will use a lot of browns or grays and pinks.  Pink is kind of my thing.  The rest of the details will require a little thought and consideration.  I don't know what else is going to happen with it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment